Message #3 to Addendees (Oct 22, 2008)Posted by roxanne on Oct 29, 2008 in Updates • No comments
If you missed the first two messages, we recommend you read them on our web site:
It's Almost Here! We've got a few more reminders for you and I am personally looking forward to seeing you in person. We have 500 people registered; if you need to cancel please reply to this email and we will be happy to release your ticket for someone else.
The Schedule Is Out
You can view it here (it's in a Google Doc spreadsheet and is changing a lot, despite our best efforts to lock it down. We will be modifying the home page of our site on Thursday, so check there for any last minute updates. Our amazing @judico (Judi Clark) has made pages for all of the speakers so you can check them out in advance on our web site. We truly have an amazing lineup of speakers!!
What To Bring
Bring your media and tech gear: laptops are welcome, phones, cameras, recording gear, pens and notepads - it's all good. $5 cash only for parking in the HCC garage; and a little cash for lunch. Food will be available for purchase on site. (Enter the garage on Kalakaua St.)
Let's Talk About This UnConference Thing
* The Law of Two Feet: If you are not enjoying a session you are in, please exercise the Law of Two Feet and go to another session. The speakers will not be offended; they want you to get what you want from this event. It is far less formal than most conferences.
* Speak up! The speakers have all being advised to use less power point and more demos, show and tell, Q&A, and conversation. It is up to you to get what you want from this event. There are no silly questions.
* Enjoy & Respect the Wifi: We are paying for (and getting a nice discount too from Pacific Direct Connect) a lot of wireless internet (3 Mps for you geeks). Please do live blog, live stream, live tweet, etc. Please do not download or upload large files/applications and please turn off any file sharing applications you may have open.
* Bring Your Shwag: Unlike other conferences, we want you to put out your brochures, your business cards, your whatevahs. Please respect the sponsor tables and be on the lookout for the free community table. We will not however have a formal exhibit area - the sponsors will be hanging out with us, so we can chat informally together.
* Recording & Creative Commons: At podcamps, people typically are taking pictures and recording audio and video all day long. Podcamp rules state that all media produced at a podcast is "share-alike and no-commercial" licensing. That means if I make a video of people hanging out at Podcamp, you can post it on your site (share-alike) but you cannot put it on a DVD and sell the "Best Hits of Podcamp" (that would be commercial.) Our goal is to encourage media-making and story-telling and sharing of what we learned. Want to be interviewed so you can have a video clip to put on your site? Ask someone with a camera! It can be that simple. You can read more about Creative Commons here. It is a modern alternative to traditional (and very restrictive) copyright.
* Tell Your Friends About Our Live Stream: We will have an official live video stream all day both days (internet permitting) and we invite you to tell your friends. (You can wave to them and they can talk back to us in the chat room!) They will be able to join us from anywhere in the world. Please share this link to our custom page and we will also be featured on the home page so mainly just remember www.ustream.tv! Please reply to this email if you would like to help us film or monitor the chat room. @shane (Shane Robinson) has created some very cool live-streaming features.
Friday Night at Tiki's Bar and Grill: Tiki's has offered to host us with drink discounts and the debut of "Podcamp Punch!" You will need your Podcamp + Wordcamp badge for the disount. Special thanks to our sponsor Viddler who is helping us with that drink discount. If you see Colin, please give him a hug! He came all the way from Pennsylvania to be with us
Saturday Night Beach BBQ at Magic Island: The amazing @NctrnlBst (Ed Morita) is organizing a sunset party for us Catering services are being provided by Leon Bragass of LBJ Catering. Food and utensils are being provided by Podcamp Hawaii. Please reply to this email so we can get a rough idea of who is planning to come.
Win A Waikiki Hotel Stay! We are also planning a special contest where you may just win two free nights at the beautiful Waikiki Wyland Hotel! Details at Podcamp.
Look for the Purple Podcamp T-Shirts: The volunteers will be sporting these, under the direction of our cool, calm, and collected volunteer venue manager, @MadMarv (Kyle Nishioka). Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you - we'll do our best!
Podcamp + Wordcamp Founder
P.S. If you are not receiving these emails, please contact us to get on the list: email@example.com
Next Entry: Podsafe Music Available to You!