Podcamp Speaker: Roxanne DarlingPosted by judi on Oct 21, 2008 in ʻOhana Sponsors, Kamaʻaina Sponsors, Podcast 101 Speakers, Social Media Speakers, Speakers, Sponsors • No comments
Video Podcasting 101
Roxanne will be joined by partner Shane Robinson to talk about getting started: Video Podcasting 101.
Here's the slides from their presentation.
Kids use it, celebrities use it, brands use it, new and old media use it, even regular people use it. In this session you will:
- see Twitter in action
- learn about some of the ways people are using it to stay in touch as well as build their businesses
- learn how to get your own Twitter account
- decide what name to use on Twitter
- find out how it has exploded both within Hawaii and by connecting Hawaii to the rest of the world
Roxanne will lead this session and hopefully will be joined by other Twitterati who will be able to give their personal testimonies in this highly conversational session, including live Twittering from the stage and the audience.
About Roxanne Darling
Roxanne is co-owner of Bare Feet Studios LLC, a tech-savvy social media agency based in Honolulu, Hawai'i. She was named #24 of the Top 50 Most Influential Women in Social Media. Roxanne loves to travel, speak, paddle the outrigger canoe, spreading the wonders of Hawaiʻi while trying to give up working really long hours. She walks the line between technology and communication with a ballerina's balance and has a way of inspiring even luddites to try new things online. Please let it be known though, perhaps as a graduate of UC Berkeley, she is not a bystander or interested in the status quo! You can follow Roxanne on Twitter @roxannedarling.In addition to the Bare Feet Blog, Bare Feet Studios produces these new media projects:
- Beach Walks with Rox - a stress-reducing, inspiring daily video podcast from Hawaiʻi
- The Reef - a social community to share information and spread aloha. Please join us!
- PodCamp + Wordcamp Hawaii
- KnowHow Cafe (in development)
Next Entry: Podcamp Speaker: Rob Farrow